Thursday, December 23, 2010

Singapore Starbucks Bear? Or just a Christmas Bear? There is nothing like Starbuck Christmas Bear

In this holiday season, with the line up of some many holidays, many are buying special gifts for loved ones and families, colleagues and friends, gifts for that office/party gift exchange.  I had given out quite a number of gifts for kids during my pre-xmas party at my place.  I have yet to complete my gifts shopping till this day though.  With this at the back of my mind,  I had sub-consciously been looking out for the 'prefect gift' everywhere I went.

Last Monday, after a couple hours of gift shopping, I was feeling tired yet satisfied.  I had completed 80% of my gift shopping in those short couple of hours! Aint it an achievement?  I wanted to reward myself with a nice hot Latte and starbucks is surely my choice.  I walked into Starbucks united square and was greeted warmly by its staff.  While waiting for my hot warm Latte to be ready, I saw this small display of some bears over the counter.  I never knew Starbucks sell bears! It caught my eye.  Almost immediately, I thought of my endearing colleague in India who told me before that theres no Starbucks in India (with India's FDI regulations and policies, Starbucks seems not successful thus far; though there had been talks about having its chain in India).  I thought  that she will be pleased to receive a Starbucks Christmas Bear as a gift.  So I went about looking for this.  I was sure theres bound to be a starbucks christmas bear?

I browse through the lot and this is what I see :

Just a Christmas Bear... No indication this is a Starbucks X'mas Bear

So I hunted through the lot again and saw this :

I see Starbucks! and Singapore! BUT this is not a X'mas bear.  This makes an ideal bring home gift as a rememberance of your visit to Singapore.
I did not want this Starbucks bear for I thought this will be more appropriate for someone to bring home as a rememberance that he/she had visited Singapore.  Not ideal as a Christmas gift I thought.

So, where is the Starbucks Christmas bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!