Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas is just around the corner - My Party Receipes

December has always been the month of the year filled with holidays, parties and more parties.  Usually I host 1 christmas party at home but this year I am hosting 3.  Mainly because many of my friends have yet to see my place (though I have been here for over a year).  I am happy and excited, and already starting to think of the menus I should put in place for the different groups of friends who are coming.  So, we have a group - the drinking buddies and fun loving group (reb, vince, dennis, evon..)  Taking into consideration this group comprises of the highly successful, young at heart, I wanted to put together a menu of mainly western with a tinge of fusion.  Hows that! Now now... what about this :

The Fun Loving and Drinking Buddies
Starter - totilla chips with (1) avocado dip and (2) salsa toppings. 
Entree - honey baked ham rolls
Main Courses- (1) fine noodles with everything (2) very pepper tiger prawns
Dessert - my so-famous christmas tiramisu cake
Drinks - white, red wine and rootbeer

Menu looks interesting and manageable.  Something which I can easily handle.

And for the 2nd group of good old girlfriends - bren, val, char.  A group of girlfriends coming with kids whose main objective of having this party is to catch up (I mean talk!), have lotsof outdoor mum+kid bonding fun and eat, I would think a child friendly, light bite menu will do the job! We can always steal a finger food or two, while yakking away about fashion, kids, work, colleagues, friends...!  This will look like :

The Good Old Girlfriends
Starter - colorful fruit salad
Entree - (1) honey baked ham rolls (2) fishballs
Main Course - (1) chicken in a pot rice (2) buttered pan fried dory fish
Dessert - christmas brownie with ice cream
Drinks - fruit juices

Thats easy! sounds yummy too. And now, for the group of serious old friends, I wanted to put something easy yet yummy leaning towards vegetarian.  How about this :

The Serious Old Friends
Starter - ceasar salad (plain) or topped with smoked salmon
Entree - mushroom soup (only with mushroom) or topped with ham slices
Main Courses - (1) vegetarian curry rice (2) fried toufu with sweet sauce
Dessert - cheese balls with ice cream
Drinks - juices

I thought hard about this menu mainly bacause I need to put in mind my vegetarian friends and family.  Some challenges I can foresee in putting together the curry sauce (My 1st time) BUT I am always confident that my food will turn out well (75% of the time it does! and 25% of the time...fried bee hoon turns into 'mua chee'..scary?)

Look out for pictures of how everything turn out! I am sure its gonna be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!