Monday, December 20, 2010

Pre X'mas Party

Christmas! Time to be Merry!  Do you always wonder if you should spend time whipping up a meal? or should you just cater/buy from out?  There are tons of shops offering Christmas meals delievery.  Or maybe a mixture? Some buy in items and some home cooked?  Busy working mums are usually tired by the end of the work week and imagine having to whip up a meal over the weekend for a group.  Its not the actualy frying, baking, cooking. It the pre-preparations inclusive of grocery/market trips, the cutting and slicing, the washing, the marinating AND ALSO the after cooking work.  Including the utensils washing, drying, kitchen washing, oven clean ups... uuurrgghhhss.. the thoughts of the pre and after work kind of put me off 50% though I really like to cook!  Thank god, my helper came last Wed! yippie... she is a good help.

I had my 1st pre-christmas party at my place this year with couple of good old friends.  The menu kind of changed a little but its still 80% kept according to plans. I cooked the bee hoon an hour before dinner time.  Added in sausages, cabbage, eggs, chicken slices, fishcakes.  The end product is really yummy!


My Bee Hoo is seriously nice. So much so that I am invited to cook for a friend's house warming!

 And, after the bee hoon comes the rest of the food... heres what happens :


Doing some serious cooking but never losing a moment for the camera

Tiger Prawns - still preparations stage.
Ends up in the pan.. Pepper Tiger Prawns
The Tiger prawns seems kind of tasteless.  I thought I had added tons of pepper and salt??? Still it taste kind of blend..

Oily Oily Pork Belly
With a dash of lemon juice, the pork belly's pork smell is totally gone! wow... good tip?

Thats the end product of what we are having for the night!
Finally! A X'mas toast with my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!