Sunday, December 12, 2010

Online Shopping

With advancement of  technology, online shopping had become a convenience, a past time and I am suspecting that it is also becoming a hobby for many! I enjoy online shopping as it gives me with the luxury of sitting in the comfort of my home, looking at item by item, scrutinizing items by their ingredients/materials used, reading reviews etc.  It too provides me with the ease of shopping for 10 mins, 15mins? or even 5 minutes, as and when I feel like.  With the drop of the US dollar and strengthening of the SGD against some several currencies, many a time, it is cheaper to buy the same item online direct from manufacturers compared to getting them from boutiques/sellers locally.  With vPost, vConcierge and also the numerous sprees held everywhere, online shopping and internationally shipping can never get easier.  To top this off, manufacturers (esp the US ones) are always having some sale/discounts going on which makes it exceedingly cheap to buy direct! Online shopping too has its vices, as much as we can imagine how items look like, nothing beats the actual sight, view and feel of it.  There are material terms which I cannot fully imagine just by the read of it! I cannot differentiate 50% cotton, 50% lycra from 30% cotton, 70% lycra! Is the later supposed to be more soft and silky?  I am not too sure.  I am only assume.  Also, for costly items, there is always the fear of defects and wrong shipment (More like the follow ups afterwhich). I once wanted to purchase the leapfrog tag system online BUT I was not too sure whether it will be defective since its an electronic item and its not cheap.  For clothes, what you see may not be what you get.  All girls knows that a dress may look awesome on the mannequin but aweful on us.  Another may look just like the other dress in your wardrobe but simply look GREAT on us!  This said, I do believe that once you get into the hang of shopping online, you could get hook! Some popular manufacturers I like to shop from includes Polo Ralph, Gymboree, Old Navy, Leapfrog for the kids and Forever21, Marks and Spencer, GMarket Korea, Zipia, Amazon for myself.  My acquisition : 3 Polo Ralph tops (2 long sleeve shirts and 1 polo-t) for my son and Marks and Spencers' shoes for myself!  Look at this :


Round Toe Lace Up Shoe Boots at 25pounds
Platform Court Shoes at 19.50pounds

Latest from Polo Ralph.  Ricco will be in them for coming X'mas & CNY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!