Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wanton Noodles in Hong Kong

Whats your MUST EAT food in Hong Kong?  Why is this your must have item?  How different is this from the ones served in Singapore?

Whenever I think of Hong Kong, I think of Wanton noodles.  YES, its just this simple dish that can be found in almost every eating corners of Hong Kong! Wanton noodles is a very simple dish of chinese noodles al dente coupled with dumplings wrapped in prawns/meat.  The very distinct differentiation which makes Hong Kong Wanton noodles irresistable to myself is that almost all Hong Kong wanton noodles that I ate before serve 100% prawn dumplings with no meat!  In many shops, 2 big prawns was actually wrapped inside.  This makes the wanton really big and yummy.  This actually makes the bowl of noodles especially huge and filling!  To top this, al dente chinese noodles in Hong Kong seems to be cooked just till the right degree such that the noodles is firm, chewy and cooked.  In my last recent Hong Kong trip, I was totally surprised when I was served with an extremely small bowl of wanton when I head to a Hong Kong cafe for lunch.  The portion is even smaller than those served in Singapore.  I was totally surprised.  usually I can only finsih 3/4 of a bowl of Hong Kong wanton noodles.  But this round, I finished the entire bowl and still felt that its not enough.

The smallest bowl of wanton noodles I had in Hong Kong.  Small but equally YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!