Sunday, January 2, 2011

Scrubs Scrubs...scrub those dead cells away

Do you use facial scrubs at all?  Are scrubs all that important for a facial routine?  How often do you use your scrub?  How to choose a scrub suitable for your skin type?

I swear by facial scrubs.  Facial scrubs serves the main function of dead surface skincell removal; thereby creating a brighter, healthier and younger looking skin.  With this, the facial skin will be able to absorb skincare products and even cosmetics much easier.  This said, scrubs should not be used on a too frequent basis.  We do not want to rip our skin of all its natural oil.  Facial scrubs can be used on a once or twice weekly basis dependent on type of scrub and dependent on skin condition.  Most scrubs have drying effect.  People with dry surface skin texture like mine should take extra care to invest in a gentle moisturising scrub and take care not to over-scrub.

I chanced upon faceshop's water in promegranate scrub some 2-3 years back and till now have been using this scrub on a regular basis.  I like that this is a superbly gentle scrub which promotes hydration.  exfoliant particles are so tiny that you do not even know that its a scrub you are using.  Skin do feel a very slight bit dry after usage but give it 5-10 minutes and the drying feel disappears.  You are supposed to only slightly wet your face prior to usage, spreading small amounts all over the face.  On scrubbing, somehow the slightly wet surface will slowly start to dry up, leaving behind small amout of residue.  Psychologically I feel good with this as I imagine the residue left behind to be dirt and deadskin.  I certainly do see my skin after scrubbing slightly brighter and feels alot cleaner.  On top of all these goodness, this scrub is really affordable.
Very good value for money!


Faceshop's Water in Promegranate Scrub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!