Monday, March 21, 2011

Pandan Leaves?

My organic chilli plant had motivated me so much that I wanted to next plant 'pandan leaves'! Whats pandan leaves?

Pandan leaves = screwpine pandanus.  Pandan leaves is used in alot of Asian cooking typically to add flavour and smell to savoury and sweet dishes. It is really one of the most commonly grown leaves in any household for reason that it is easy to grow and that it is hugely used! Since young, my household had used Pandan leave for cooking most desserts eg : barley water, barley smashed beancurd, aballing, cakes, jellies and much more.. 

I am excited that in future, I will just need to pluck whatever pandan leaves I need from my small little garden! I need not pay 10cents for them from the market! Yippie!!!!


Transferring a bunch of pandan leaves over to a new pot

My new pot of pandan leaves


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!