Monday, March 14, 2011

My Chilli Plant

Have you ever planted anything in your life?  Does the thought of seeing small seeds turn into leaves and bearing fruits delight you? 

The only plants I grew were bean sprouts (from green beans) during my primary school days for science projects.  Otherwise, I associated plants with time (alot of time required to have them full grown), mess (the soil, the fertilisers..), and patience (I plant them and they take forever to bear fruits!).  So, needless to say I never tempted to grow anything else thereafter. 

Recently, my hubby out of fun took some chilli seeds and throw them into our few pots of bamboo plants which is used for fengshui purposes (to ward away the bad omens).  1 fine day, we noticed that small little plants are growing out from the seeds.  The feeling is nice and rewarding.  It feels like.. "wow, your efforts are reciprocated".  From then on, we studiously water the plants and watch it grow.  TIme passes by and before we even know it, a huge plant has grown out from those chilli seeds.  These plants slowly bore flowers and these flowers slowly turn into chillies!  many many Green Chillies are budding out from the flowers!  Each stage seems so fast!  Its nothing like what I used to think - That it takes forever for plants to bear fruits!

Just 3 days back, I was asking my hubby when our greeen chillies will turn red so that we can pluck them and have it for our organic meal.  Know what?  here is what I witness this morning : YES my chillies are turning red!!! all ready to be eaten!

I am not sure - Have I grown older and in the process cultivated more patience?  Have I been too busy that time just flew by?  Something which I thought takes forever to bear fruits now seems to be able to bear fruits at a speedy rate?  Or maybe this is the 1st time I see the fruits of my labour and the wait doesn't seem too long since there is always something to look forward to?  1 thing I am sure is that planting can sure be fun and rewarding! you too can get to eat your organic chillies...!! so...what should I plant next?





Yummy Yummy Chillies!!! Aint they cute???
 

Ready to be eaten! pluck them all out!



My organic chillies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!