Saturday, February 12, 2011

Birthday Party

Children these days are very blessed with yearly birthday celebrations.  Usually, these celebration lasted for the entire day! or even over couple of day.  1 celebration in school with school friends, and 1 celebration at home with family and friends.  Year on year, I realised that I am always wondering how to celebrate Ricco's birthday.  Should I throw a major party inviting family and friends?  Or should it be a small celebration amongst family members?

Ricco's birthday always falls around the Chinese New Year dates and thus, this is really busy times for me.  Almost straight after the CNY celebrations, I need to prepare for his BD.  Cake must be ordered (sometimes prior to CNY since shops open for business only 3rd day of CNY and some even later), menus decided, format of party decided. 

As like the past, I get a cake for him to celebrate with his school friends in school.  This year, I get a Bengawan underwater theme-3D cake.  Its a vanilla cake with strawberry.  Compared to many places who provides 3D cakes, the ones sold at Bengawan are really value for money.  For 110SGD I get a 2kg cake.  The cake is really YUMMY.  I prepared some nuggets and sausages and nuggets for the children too.  With the intention of making it like a real party.  The kids had fun singing BD songs and blowing candles (yes, the candles went off couple of times even before the song sang).  This is really one of the most organised BD parties that I have seen.  The kids go to crowd around Ricco when the teacher call them by their groups.  So green, blue, pink...they take turns.  They were then positioned nicely in a semi circle around Ricco (so that nice pictures can be taken).  Than they sing... and clap.   They were then asked to queue up for the cake... WOW.. what organisation! Its not easy being a kid!

The Underwater World theme 3D cake for school
Ricco singing loud and clear!
And the queue for the cake

Another cake is organised for a small celebration at home.  The plane cake is a vanilla longon cake.  It tastes really GREAT.  Something adults will enjoy.  As this is still the Chinese New Year, Ricco's yearly celebration always include "Lao Yusheng". 


The 'Plane' - Vanilla Longon Cake
Before we cut the cake, we need to LAO AH

Happy with his cake...before unwrapping the gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!