Monday, February 7, 2011

Chinese New Year Gathering

Chinese New Year (CNY) is really a time to go visiting families, extended families and friends.  1st and 2nd days of CNY is usually reserved for families whereas the rest of the CNY will be time for friends!  And what do you do during visitation?  Eat, chat and catch up! I missed a long time friends gathering party on Sat.  Friends who meet just once a year.  We all thought that major gatherings should be organised more frequently! I have a "Pai Nian' Party at my place on Sunday.  For long time friends. I did some very simple dishes - fried bee hoon and baked chicken wings for the group.  Good reviews on both items :)


Preparing the Lao Yusheng Ingredients

Lao ah... heres good luck and prosperity to everyone present!
We have a cake for the BD boys too!
while we have a lot of fun catching up, I cant help but wonder why is it that with many friends (especially old time friends) that we meet up ONLY once a year (yes, during CNY ONLY).  Are we all soooo busy with our everyday life that we do not even have that 1 or 2 evenings to meet up for a meal, for a chat, for a catch up?  Don't we all used to meet up like 5days in a week in the past, yaking about everything and nothing?  OK friends, we should meet up more this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important in helping me understand your thoughts and perspective. I will be taking your comments to help improve my blog and my life. Thank You!